Practice Areas > Business and Commercial Law
The firm works with business owners and enterprises on a broad range of issues, including the initial choice of business organization, e.g. corporation, partnership or limited liability company. After the business organization is created, the operation of the business enterprise requires attention to employment issues, contracts and leases, financing transactions and other matters. The firm provides advice and input that enables the business to avoid disputes and claims by third parties.
The firm provides services that are designed to meet the specific goals and objectives of the particular client. In some instances, that requires frequent collaboration with the client in the preparation of documents and the handling of new transactions. In other instances, the client's needs are served by the preparation of documents and periodic consultation regarding specific issues or problems as they arise. In each case, the goal is to provide those services that enable the business enterprise to be organized and operated in a manner that enables the basic mission of the client to be achieved in the most efficient manner. The firm coordinates its work with accountants, insurance brokers and other consultants and advisors who are providing services to the business.
The range of issues on which the firm has worked with businesses and business owners includes the following:
- Corporate Formation: Articles of Organization & Shareholder Agreements
- Limited Liability Companies & Operating Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Employment Contracts & Personnel Manuals
- Sexual Harassment Policies & Claims of Discrimination
- Commercial Leases & Options to Purchase
- Loan Documents and Agreements
- Deeds, Easements & Related Real Estate Matters
- Litigation Regarding Corporate Conduct
- Contract Enforcement Litigation and Collection of Debts
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Litigation Defense
The firm's primary objective is to enable the business to accomplish its mission. As a small firm working closely with individual clients and businesses, we are in a position to understand the specific goals of the business and to provide legal advice and representation that is tailored to meet the specific needs of each client.